Red Pepper and Walnut Sauce
I can’t believe it’s been almost six months already since the last time I posted a new recipe… to the few people that follow this blog, I’m sorry! Anyway, here’s a delicious pasta that has a taste that’s slightly similar to muhammara. I hope that the tastiness of this recipe (and the easiness to make it) makes up for my extremely long absence!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- chili peppers (to taste)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100g walnuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 25ml oat cream
- 400g pasta
Preparation (30 minutes)
- Bring a pot full of water and some salta to a boil
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, put all the ingredients except for the pasta in a blender and blend until smooth (if you like your sauce to be more crunchy, add the nuts last; if you prefer it smoother, add the walnuts and olive oil first and the rest after then nuts have already been blended)
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta. Stir every 2 minutes or so, and about 1 minute before what it says on the pack taste it, generally it’ll be ready
- Drain the pasta, throw it back in the pot, add the sauce, and enjoy!
Sounds good 🙂 Does it work with other nuts too?
i think it would, however if you’re using other nuts i would suggest checking out some of the other pesto recipes i posted as this one i think is especially good with walnuts 🙂
Thank you 🙂
sounds great…but where do you get oat cream? crema vegetale is abundant in europe, but in america i can’t find them at all…
i don’t know about the US, i live in the UK and get it from waitrose… i’m sure you can order it online though! otherwise any kind of vegan cream should do the trick, it’s more to make it more liquid than for taste. hope that helps!